⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Light and fun

Low angst and playful with an adorably awkward hero, this flies by. I read it in one sitting and there was never a dull moment. Ney writes great dialogue, and this has her signature humor mixed with a relationship that doesn’t follow the normal progression. The meet cute is unique, the characters original, and the storyline interesting. This hero is definitely not the typical alpha (in fact, his low self esteem brings this down a few times), but he’s a genuinely good, lovable guy that I was rooting for. Pair that with some rom com shenanigans, and this is another winner from Ney.

The story follows Noah, a professional baseball player who loves the game but not everything that comes with it. He’s become jaded by repeated jabs about his appearance, and that’s left a mark on his heart. When Noah starts exchanging texts with a woman selling collectible baseball cards, they share an easy banter that catches him off-guard. Mistaken identities and insecurities get in the way, but it’s not long before Noah and his mystery woman are hitting it off in person.

It’s a light and easy read that focuses on the fun, never getting weighed down by anything too heavy. I loved Noah about 75% of the time – he really is a great guy, and the kind of hero you don’t read about often. Kind, caring, respectful, and you just know he’ll make a fantastic boyfriend. The other 25% of the time, his level of insecurity got in the way; I just wanted him to become a little bit stronger and that never really comes to fruition. Nevertheless, I loved all of the texting and the uniqueness of the story. It definitely felt like a Sara Ney romance, and that’s a major plus for me. I enjoyed the book a whole lot but it’s missing that something special for me to say that it’s one of her best. It hit the spot though, and I’m looking forward to more from the series – even Buzz managed to win me over. I received an ARC via Wildfire Marketing Solutions and am voluntarily leaving a review of this playful romance.


Release Date: June 16

“Hard Pass.”
That’s what the last girl I slept with said when she got her first sober glimpse of me. She laughed, walked out of my penthouse—and I never saw her again. It doesn’t matter that I’m a rich, professional athlete; what mattered was my face. 
Beauty might only be skin deep for some—but I know better.

“Pay Up.” 

That’s what the last girl I spoke to said over the phone when I made her an offer she couldn’t refuse. Desperate to sell a set of rare baseball cards, she’s clever and entertaining. I’m instantly smitten, but nowhere ready to reveal myself. Thank god she has no idea who I am—or what I look like. 

I’m a professional athlete–how hard can playing the love game be?

Grab Your Copy Here:

Kindle Edition: https://amzn.to/2UJRxnF

Nook | Kobo | Apple  

Meet the Sara Ney

Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte’s, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British. 


Connect with Sara Ney
Newsletter: subscribepage.com/saraney
Facebook: saraneyauthor
Instagram: saraneyauthor
Twitter: SaraNey
Book+Main: bit.ly/BookBitesSaraNey
Pinterest: Sara Ney
Goodreads: bit.ly/SaraNeyGoodReads
BookBub: bit.ly/SaraNeyBBauthor



Hosted By: 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: